I was born in Tokyo, Japan, and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii. I attended Mid-Pacific Institute for high school and the University of Hawaii at Manoa for my Japanese Language and Literature BA degree. Fun facts about me: 1) I was a sushi chef for about three years 2) I can’t ride a bike 3) I am addicted to coffee.
Immigrating to Hawaii as a child was the key life event that made me the person I am today. This allowed me to become an English/Japanese bilingual, and the unique multicultural environment has heightened my global perspective and empathy. For this, I am truly thankful for my parents.
I will use my strong hospitality background to contribute to Team Gravity in the Support Department. My experience working at a large-scale hotel helped me develop my problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure. Growing up, my parents owned a small Japanese restaurant, and I saw many challenging aspects of running a business. I am very excited by the opportunity to build positive client relationships with people like my parents and setting them up for success.
- Favorite Food: Sushi, Ramen, Pizza
- Favorite Movie: James Bond and Marvel movies
- Favorite Book: Inferno by Dan Brown
- Hobbies: Traveling and Coffee
- Favorite Quote: “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” –