I was born in Poland, raised on a fat dose of pierogis and other delicious concoctions of potatoes, cabbage, and pickled everything. I studied French language and literature both in Poland and in France, then followed my heart and ended up living in the United States – starting in Oklahoma, then Hawaii, and finally, Seattle. Somewhere in between countries, my husband and daughter joined my adventures and are as happy as I am to make the PNW our home. Life in the upside-down that is this foreign culture keeps me constantly challenged, curious, and open to new experiences.
I hope that this insider-outsider experience and focus on understanding people will become extra ingredients in my work at Gravity. It’s an exciting prospect to be building a culture of creative and talented individuals, all working to serve our hard-working merchants and our team alike.
- Favorite Food: French pastries, French crepes, French cheese. The latter always with red wine.
- Favorite Movie: Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight – technically three movies, but one beautiful story.
- Favorite Book: Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.
- Hobbies: Photography, reading, hiking, movie nights.
- Favorite Quote: “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” – Virginia Woolf