Jenn ’s Story
My story began in NJ, where I grew up as a third-culture kid, and watched my parents pursue the American life that they had always dreamed of. Those times, some of which were tumultuous, helped me learn many things – the most important one being that material success isn’t synonymous with personal happiness. I’ve always been driven by a sense of community with and curiosity about the world around me. Since NJ, my path has led me to some amazing places, such as Baltimore (for college), Wisconsin (for AmeriCorps), Nepal (for the most challenging trek of my life), and New Zealand (for the penguins), to name a few. But while I love to travel, I’ve called Seattle home for 10 years. Some fun facts about me: I play the violin, I have yet to read the Harry Potter books (I know, I know), and I can spot if something is level or not, without using a level (this is handier than you might think).
To Team Gravity, I bring my talent for to-do lists, my quirky sense of humor, my love of learning, and my drive for compassion and purpose.
- Favorite Food: Pork with Clams (Portuguese-style)
- Favorite Movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Favorite Book: The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Favorite Quote: “Love wins. Over resentment. Over fear. Over apathy. Love wins.“
- Hobbies: Salsa dancing, comedy writing, general pondering.