Hi, I’m Hayley! I was raised in rural Minnesota and ended up going to school at the University of Minnesota (GO GOPHERS!) to become a physical therapist. During my sophomore year of college, I took a public relations course in the journalism school that I fell in love with and immediately switched my major. A PR and marketing internship in London solidified that I had chosen the right career path. I graduated in 2012 and started working full-time creating marketing campaigns.
In 2014, I was looking for a new journey in life and wound up as the second team member on the Marketing Team at Gravity Payments.
My past experiences have helped me bring curiosity, creativity, and playfulness to the Gravity team. I love trying out new things and figuring out how we’re going to make it happen. If it doesn’t work out, at least we tried something different. One of the most exciting things about working at Gravity is that we all get the opportunity to do what we’re passionate about. By bringing my passions to the team, I contribute to creating engaging content that shows there is so much more to Gravity than just being a credit card processor.
- Favorite Food: Sushi. All day. Or, like, a really good charcuterie board with a glass of wine.
- Favorite Movie: Walk The Line, A League of Their Own, Now & Then, Love Actually, and White Christmas.
- Favorite Book: Oh, man! There’s so many. For non-fiction, it’d have to be In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. My favorite fiction book is Little Women. I actually collect different versions of Little Women, like, different book covers. ALSO, I’ll read anything by Liane Moriarty, Jodi Picoult, Mary Roach, or about WWII. You need book recommendations? I have way too many.
- Hobbies: Reading, writing, podcasting, traveling, hiking, and cooking.
- Favorite Quote: “You have to be brave with your life so that others can be brave with theirs.”