Hi, I’m Hayley! I was raised in rural Minnesota and ended up going to school at the University of Minnesota (GO GOPHERS!) to become a physical therapist. During my sophomore year of college, I took a public relations course in the journalism school that I fell in love with and immediately switched my major. A PR and marketing internship in London solidified that I had chosen the right career path. I graduated in 2012 and started working full-time creating marketing campaigns.
In 2014, I was looking for a new journey in life and wound up as the second team member on the Marketing Team at Gravity Payments.
I’ve always loved writing and creating. Not only did I spend most of my childhood writing stories, I’d write plays for my family to perform in, I’d record a talk show with my friends on a weekly basis, and I’d put together musical numbers for me and my sister. There’s a great video out there of me as Danny Zuko dancing and singing to “You’re The One That I Want”. I was an active child and thrived playing volleyball, basketball, and softball. When I started middle school, I joined an improv group that helped me think on my feet. One of the greatest lessons I learned was to always say yes, and then figure out the rest of the story later. I also learned to play the piano and drums.
All of the above experiences have helped me bring curiosity, creativity, and playfulness to the Gravity team. I love trying out new things and figuring out how we’re going to make it happen. If it doesn’t work out, at least we tried something different. One of the most exciting things about working at Gravity is that we all get the opportunity to do what we’re passionate about. By bringing my passions to the team, I contribute to creating engaging content that shows there is so much more to Gravity than just being a credit card processor.
- Favorite Food: Sushi. All day. Or, like, a really good charcuterie board with a glass of wine.
- Favorite Movie: Walk The Line, A League of Their Own, Now & Then, Love Actually, and White Christmas.
- Favorite Book: Oh, man! There’s so many. For non-fiction, it’d have to be In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. My favorite fiction book is Little Women. I actually collect different versions of Little Women, like, different book covers. ALSO, I’ll read anything by Liane Moriarty, Jodi Picoult, Mary Roach, or about WWII. You need book recommendations? I have way too many.
- Hobbies: Reading, writing, podcasting, traveling, hiking, and cooking. But, I’m open to trying anything once, so I’m always looking to add new hobbies to my list.
- Favorite Quote: “You have to be brave with your life so that others can be brave with theirs.”
- Favorite Gravity Merchant: Stoneburner. Hands down. They have the best charcuterie plate in town, the coolest atmosphere, and some killer pizza and meatballs.