Having lived in Seattle from birth to 36 years I couldn’t help but to be someone who loves the outdoors.
My first real job out of high school was at Costco Wholesale and I stayed there for 13 years. As a person who is always looking for opportunities to learn I worked in just about every department in the warehouse from the tire shop, to the bakery, cashier, receiving, the vault, and even the chocolate shop! (yes…the Kirkland warehouse has a chocolate shop). You name it, I probably did it.
Toward the end of my career at Costco, I wanted to do something that made more of a social impact and so I went back to school, changed direction and went into the non-profit sector for the next 9 years and then to a software company startup. This eventually took me out of the Seattle area and brought me and my family to Boise, ID where I have lived for the past 10 years.
Its kind of funny after all that time in Seattle, but it was here in Boise that I met a mutual friend of Dan Price and heard about Gravity Payments. In the summer of 2011 I joined the Gravity team and haven’t looked back since! Working for Gravity has been the best career move I ever could have made.
My favorite part about what I do at Gravity is having the ability to meet new business owners each and every day and help them find solutions that are going to improve how they take payments, save them money, and hopefully both! I love being closely connected with the small businesses in Boise that contribute so much to the unique character and community that Boise has to offer.
When I’m not working, you’ll find me outdoors hiking, fly fishing, playing corn hole, and spending time with my wife Heidi and my four boys. Boise doesn’t have any pro sports teams, so for that, I have to go back to my roots. GO SEAHAWKS!
Sales Representative - Boise
Want to learn more about Gravity Payments? Continue browsing gravitypayments.com or follow us on social media![addthis_horizontal_follow_buttons]
Believe in putting purpose over profit?
Sign up to stay connected!
Would you like to schedule a time to talk with a Specialist?
- Favorite Food: Chocolate. Snobby chocolate though, I don’t have patience for the cheap stuff.
- Favorite Movie: This changes depending on what I’m thinking about. For now, I would have to say Shawshank Redemption and how it relates to the concept of an Inner Citadel.
- Favorite Book: The Obstacle is the Way, by Ryan Holiday
- Hobbies: Fly fishing, hiking, family, home remodeling, and whiskey.
- Favorite Quote: “Either I will find a way or I will make one.” – Philip Sidney
- Favorite Gravity Merchant: My wife’s business, Lux Adorna Knits!