Born and raised in small town Iowa, it was a far stretch to think I’d ever go the places I’ve been in my life.
Starting my senior year at Avoha High School, I took a job at a meatpacking house full time while also working a part-time job at a local gas station for three years. For the next ten years, I ran a small business out of my home while taking night classes at Iowa Western Community College. During my last semester, I was fortunate enough to be offered an internship with First Data Resources in Omaha, NE in their Conversions Department. I spent the next 15 years progressing through First Data as an intern, programmer, analyst, manager, director, and vice president. I experienced a wide range of opportunities from managing various teams who developed applications for large clients to managing global teams responsible for operations, even allowing me to move to Australia for a short stint to manage the Asia Pacific business.
In 2011, I left FDR for an opportunity at Yahoo! Inc. and became the Vice President of Production Operations, responsible for Operations Centers, Service Reliability Engineering, Business Continuity, and Incident, Problem, and Change Management with employees all over the world. In 2015, I read about Dan and what he had done for his employees and company. This was far from ordinary and completely out of character for a stereotypical CEO. Impressed and a little curious, I connected with Dan via LinkedIn, flew to Seattle for an afternoon, we met for coffee, and the rest is history. Currently at Gravity, I hold the role of CIO/CTO/COO where I am helping to implement technology solutions to assist in efficiency and business development. Being part of a company that truly cares about not only who they serve, but how they go about doing it, is forward thinking.
- Favorite Food: Day old homemade spaghetti
- Favorite Movie: Silence of the Lambs
- Favorite Book: Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease by Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr.
- Hobbies: In my spare time, I love doing home improvement projects with my husband and spending time with my family.
- Favorite Gravity Merchant: My favorite Gravity merchant is my niece, Linsey! She owns and operates the Avoca Flower Shop in our hometown and continually makes the community a more beautiful place.