I’m originally from Arkansas where I grew up in a small town next to a lake and spent most of my childhood swimming and playing outdoors with my two older brothers, Jacob and Taylor. As one of 864 people in my hometown, one would grow up knowing everyone and everything around them, and as I got older, I developed a curiosity for new things. I worked with my father in the summer, and during the school year I spent my time leading students in the Art and Drama clubs at school, as a Resident Assistant in college, and pushing my creative horizons no matter where I was. Life wasn’t always pretty, but I learned a lot about whom I did and didn’t want to be by paying attention to those around me.
I get my work ethic and strength from my parents, my coffee habit and can-do attitude from my grandfather who lives here in Washington. My sweet tooth, love of chocolate, and travel come from my grandmother on the East Coast. And my best friend, Avery, keeps me grounded and makes sure I don’t forget my whimsy.
I fell in love with Seattle from my very first visit when I was young, and I told myself and everyone around me it’s where I’d move after college. Who knows what everyone else thought of that little girl with a big dream, but here I am in this big city, and I’ve moved on to even bigger dreams. I treat every day as a new adventure with my boyfriend Alex, and we make the most of our time together as we figure out what we want to be when we grow up.
In 2003 my father opened his business and every summer I would go to work with him every day and learn the ropes of selling boats and how to service them. I built my foundations of business early on and had real life experience as I went through college to pursue my degree in business and marketing. I have worked in retail for roughly four years, learning how to lead teams and prioritize my daily tasks without sacrificing the customer experience. I love taking on new challenges and use my creativity to find solutions to everyday problems.
- Favorite Food: I literally can’t pick one. I have a favorite food for every mood. Food is my favorite.
- Favorite Movie: Anything Disney or Pixar
- Favorite Book: Pride & Prejudice; Reference Books.
- Hobbies: Drawing, cooking, baking, writing, reading, graphic design, almost anything outdoors, and daydreaming.
- Favorite Quote: “There is always an opportunity to learn something new.” – Me? (Not sure if this is an official quote somewhere.) “If your goal is to get hit by a bus… where do you stand?” – My Grandfather (It’s a long story, but the answer is always: “In the middle of the road.”)