Born and raised in San Luis Obispo, CA. a.k.a. heaven on earth. I attended Westmont College in Santa Barbara, where I “studied” sociology and spent all my free time at the beach. Fun facts? How about three truths and a lie! 1) I’ve never read Harry Potter. 2) I am obsessed with black licorice. 3) I’m a quarter Japanese. 4) I have counted the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.
My family, friendships, and mentors have all made me the person I am today. I’ve been surrounded by people who encourage me to pursue great things and challenge me to consider perspectives that don’t always come naturally. All my experiences (especially the hard ones) have shaped me in some way – I moved to Seattle after college without a job lined up or financial cushion. Amazingly, six years have passed and I am really happy I took that leap of faith.
My number one goal is to relate to people on a real level, whether it’s the team I work with or the merchants I get to help. Cultivating connection, however simple or deep, is imperative to building trust.
- Favorite Food: Cookies.
- Favorite Movie: The Sandlot
- Favorite Book: East of Eden
- Hobbies: Beach volleyball
- Favorite Quote: “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Favorite Gravity Merchant: Stoup Brewery