I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and moved out on my own to Seattle when I was 19. I’ve gone to school off and on at North Seattle Community College, and was published in their Literary Magazine in 2007 with my short story “Fear”.
I recently had my first child whom I adore, and we lovingly refer to as The Squid. I am a very creative and artistically minded person. I can or have played many different musical instruments and I paint, knit, crochet, and sew. I am also an unabashedly huge geek. I love video games, LARPing, anime, and pretty much anything nerdy (which you’ll probably be able to tell within five minutes of meeting me). I also play around with special effects make-up and volunteer at a children’s haunted house every year. I have a very big passion for sustainable living and was even able to attend Bioneers a couple of years ago with my prior boss. It was an amazing experience.
Ultimately, I am who I am today because of the challenges I have faced since a young age and having to find resolutions in unconventional ways.
I love to look at problems from different perspectives and to try to resolve them in unexpected ways. I also love puzzles and problems deemed impossible because there is always a way. I’m a very persistent person, very enthusiastic, and positive. I hope to bring and spread that amongst the team at Gravity.
- Favorite Food: St. Louis Style Toasted Ravioli
- Favorite Movie: I have one for each genre, but Pan’s Labyrinth stands out.
- Favorite Book: Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Hobbies: Crafting, 2D and 3D fighting games, volunteering at conventions, writing, video games, being a mom to a newborn.
- Favorite Quote: “Never tell me the odds!” – Han Solo