I’ve had many professional lives. I’ve been a tax accountant, a financial planner, a real estate broker, and a web startup owner. However, I remember in my first tech role thinking, “I’ve found my people”, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I liked learning how things worked, so I taught myself how to code. I liked working with brilliant engineers, so I became friends with them and figured out how they solved real problems through technology. Since then I’ve had the pleasure of leading several engineering teams, mostly focused on retail and payment technologies. My last role was on the payment team that developed all in-store payment solutions for Starbucks globally. I’ve been admiring Gravity from afar for a while now, and am thrilled to be working with all of you.
Some fun facts about me:
- I really like bulleted lists of things (hence this format).
- I don’t like coffee, chocolate, or beer. Pretty sure that makes me not human, but I swear I am.
- I’m not a morning person.
- My favorite thing to do on the weekend is to play really complex, and probably nerdy board games.
Quality technology is really important, but the people that build, contribute, support and sell that technology are even more important. The variations I’ve had in different careers and different roles will help me elevate not only the engineering teams but to provide opportunity, feedback mechanisms, and a cross-functional working style that will benefit Gravity as a whole.
- Favorite Food: Salad with lots of red onion. I even have a tattoo of a red onion I love it so much.
- Favorite Movie: Beaches
- Favorite Book: A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- Favorite Quote: “Nothing lasts forever, not even the good stuff.”
- Hobbies: Reading, writing letters to family in the midwest, wine tasting, and hanging out with my dogs.