Well, my idea of bliss is a Sunday morning spent sitting on a sofa with reading books and drinking coffee for a couple hours.
I wonder about why people say “nonplussed” (like when they’re perplexed) but not “plussed” (like if they’re feeling sure and excited about something).
My favorite font is Avenir Light.
I write a bunch of kids books.
I have a daughter who’s a freshperson in college and a son who’s a junior in high school.
I dream about riding away on a motorcycle to this half-ass high-desert town I adore.
I don’t know how to operate a motorcycle.
I sang an improvised opera once in front of a live audience. It was about a jackhammer.
I did an obscure event in an obscure sport in college. (Decathlon.)
Here’s the corporate me (feel free to skip to the bottom):
I’ve spent the last 20-plus years lurking around Seattle helping companies of all sizes — from sole proprietors and startups to Fortune 100 tech behemoths — tell better stories, humanize their voices, and use words with fewer syllables.
My work has ranged from writing marketing emails for Google, video scripts for Amazon, and speeches for Expedia leadership to creating marcomm strategies for a raft of Seattle-area startups.
Career highlights include:
• Leading the creation of a copywriting brand at Yesler, top 5 U.S. B2B marketing agency.
• Creating the customer service voice of Expedia.
• Saving Amazon $3 million annually via a help-content initiative.
• Doubling Travel section page views at MSNBC.com.
Anyway, I was completely thrilled to learn that Gravity Payments was hiring, because I have been looking for a place where I can share what I know, continue to learn, craft amazing content, and work with stellar people all while feeling like I’m truly serving something. Something good.
Personal me? I like to write kids books. College decathlete. Took improv lessons for a while. Powell’s bookstore is my happy place. Well there and southern Utah.
In other words, I’m tickled, and grateful and slightly starstruck to be here.
- Favorite Food: I’m partial to phad see ew right now.
- Favorite Movie: It’s a Wonderful Life
- Favorite Book: The Little Prince
- Hobbies: Reading, writing, running, and hiking around in Southern Utah
- Favorite Quote: “What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”