I’m Jared Baron Spears. I’m from San Diego, CA (more precisely Fallbrook, CA – Avocado Capital of the World – GO WARRIORS!!) I did most of my learning at Palomar College where I studied Theatre Arts.
The death of my father taught me a lot – how to travel effectively and how to deal with a lot of personal business and make logical, unemotional decisions in a time of crisis. I think of that moment in my life as the moment that I went from a child to an adult.
My theatre background is intrinsically tied to my contribution to Gravity. Putting on a play is a collaborative process where each cog in the wheel is integral to the success of the whole. Actors are salespeople, directors are supervisors and managers, designers are product specialists, box office attendants are the Support Team on the front lines, and technicians are…well, technicians! Being “my own CEO” makes me feel like I’m the producer of a big Broadway show every day and it’s my job to set plans and effectively communicate with all of the different folks who are helping our clients bring their vision to life on this big stage of ours!!
Merchant Relations Representative
Want to learn more about Gravity Payments? Continue browsing gravitypayments.com or follow us on social media!
Believe in putting purpose over profit?
Sign up to stay connected!
- Favorite Food: Mexican food. More specifically carne asada fries – the cornerstone of the California gourmet. I was thrilled to find out that my merchants at MEMO’S in the U-District in Seattle are from San Diego where the inarguably-best carne asada comes from.
- Favorite Movie: John Carpenter’s Halloween (1978) – I’m a sucker for horror films and Halloween is perfect. Amazingly simple-yet-spine-tingling score, an incredibly oppressive sense of dread, deft camerawork and performances and one of the most iconic villains in cinema history. This movie is possibly one of the most influential American films of the last 40 years.
- Favorite Book: I Am Waltz by Matthew Dho. You should probably buy a copy here.
- Hobbies: Music. I play guitar, uke, bass, keys, and I sing, rap and, produce my own music and some of my friends’ work. I’m also involved in the Seattle theatre scene. I’ve worked at Seattle Musical Theatre and Lion.Fish.Theater. In addition, I have a very keen interest in cinema and working towards developing a handful of various film projects.
- Favorite Quote: “The magician gives you illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion.” – Tennessee Williams on art and writing.
- Favorite Gravity Merchant: Portage Bay Goods in Fremont. I try not to go there unless I’m prepared to drain my wallet. Just wall-to-wall fun stuff – gifts, games, craft projects, novelty items, and always a showcase of local artists.