My name is David Shaw. I am from Oklahoma City, OK. I have two boys, Judah and Oliver. They are currently 5 and 4 years old, so they keep me pretty busy. I’m always chasing at least one of them. I am the current champ of one of Gravity’s Fantasy Football leagues AND as of writing this, I am currently winning Gravity’s The Bachelor Fantasy League (with only one episode left to air), so I’m kind of a jack of all trades kinda guy.
A few years ago when Ollie was just a little dude, he got pretty sick. He had pneumonia in both lungs and some sort of respiratory virus on top of that. This was too much for his little lungs and so he ended up being placed on a ventilator. He was on the ventilator for a few weeks, but ultimately we made it out of the hospital after a month and a half long stay. During this hospital stay, I was working full-time, in school full-time, and still had another child to help take care of. I think this just helped me really learn to value the time I’m given. To really be present in the moment and to take it all in. And because it was such a busy time for me, I really began to look at what I was giving my time to and evaluating whether or not it was worth it.
Before I came to Gravity, I was working as a General Manager for a retail store. So I am able to use the time management skills and problem solving skills I picked up from that job in my role here at Gravity. I’m also just a really chill, happy-go-lucky guy in general so that typically helps as well.
- Favorite Food: All food, really. Just give me all the food. Recently, I’ve been really into some baked ravioli, though.
- Favorite Movie: Inception, but I’ve probably seen Moana about 50+ times in the last month. Thanks, Ollie.
- Favorite Book: No shame at all, I love the Harry Potter series.
- Hobbies: I watch every Cavs game, I play some video games, but I typically am either playing with my kids or my dog, Tiny Hump (the boys named her).
- Favorite Gravity Merchant: Empire Slice House in OKC. Great spot to grab some pizza and hang out with friends.