My mother named me after Cary Grant because she thought he was exceptionally attractive. My folks are from Hong Kong, so I grew up speaking Cantonese (the less popular of the two most well-known Chinese dialects). My younger sibling is the more charming of the two of us. His name is Kevin.
I used to do Tae Kwon Do competitively and was pretty good at it, but stopped because of ankle problems. Tip: Re-injuring your ankles repeatedly without recovery is not great for them.
I grew up in a house with 10 people. Because I was the oldest of the four kids in the house, I was automatically and always responsible for everyone. I’ve been middle-aged since I was six, and watching shows (Seinfeld) with chaotic farce stresses me out.
My parents were immigrants, and through insane perseverance, they managed to own and run a restaurant for over a dozen years. They were the quintessential, independent mom and pop shop. I am committed to working hard for those like my parents to chase that American dream.
- Favorite Food: Big fan of corn in every and all forms.
- Favorite TV Show: I watch Avatar: The Last Airbender on an annual basis to remind that life is going to be okay.
- Hobbies: Doing taxes and sleeping. Tax season is really only a few months of the year though, so a lot of sleeping happens.
- Favorite Quote: “Nothing is interesting if you’re not interested.”
- Favorite Gravity Merchant: The Chocolate Man in Lake Forest Park, WA. They have the most amazing chocolates at an affordable price.