This brief video shows you how-to connect to a WiFi network on a FD130:
- Select wrench and hammer icon
- Choose “WiFi”
- Choose “Security”
- Enter password: 990712 or 766130
- There will be three fields that need to be filled out:
- SECURITY TYPE: WiFi network security type. It will be either WPA2-AES, WPA1-TKIP, or WPA1-AES. The most common will be WPA-2-AES. That’s the best option to start with.
- NETWORK KEY: Enter in the network key, which is the network password. To type letters, press the alpha key as many times as where the letter is placed on a number key followed by that number. EX: For the letter L, press alpha three (3) times, followed by 5. The FD130 is case sensitive. To switch between cases, hold down the green key and press the alpha key at the same time.
- SSID: Enter in the SSID, which is the network name.
Please note that both the SSID and network key are case sensitive. To switch between cases, hold down the green key and while holding it down, press the alpha key.
How to get to special characters:
- & = Press the alpha key four (4) times, then the number four (4)
- % = Press the alpha key three (3) times, then the number three (3)
- ! = Press the alpha key once (1) time, then the number one (1)
- _ = Press alpha key four (4) times, then the number five (5)
- ? = Press the alpha key four (4) times, then the number eight (8)
- To enter a space, select alpha and then the number 1 (1)
If either the SSID or network key contains any special character other than the ones above, then the merchant can plug a USB keyboard into the FD130 or use a bluetooth dongle to connect to any external keyboard.
Do you have questions about your FD130 credit card terminal? Reach out to our Support Team at [email protected] or call 1-(800) 701-4700. Our patient and friendly team can assist you with any troubleshooting questions you may have for the FD130 terminal.