Note: This page is intended for informational purposes only. For recommendations or advice specific to your business, please consult your financial professional.
For general information, see Gravity’s COVID-19 Resource Center
For local information, see our State-by-State COVID-19 Small-Business Resources.
Loan and Tax Resources
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources: Information on the Paycheck Protection Program, loans and loan advances, debt relief, and more.
Paycheck Protection Program: Authorizes up to $349 billion toward job retention and certain other expenses for Americans employed by small businesses.
Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance: Small business owners in all U.S. states, Washington D.C., and territories are eligible to apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan advance of up to $10,000.
The IRS has put together the Coronavirus Tax Relief page with the latest tax and small-business information.
General small-business information is available at the IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center.
Help for employees
Highlights of the Stimulus Package
Details subject to change.
$1,200 Stimulus Check
People earning $75,000 or less in adjusted gross income (as of 2018) will get a direct payment of:
- Individuals: $1,200 (Income up to $75,000).
- Married: $2,400 (Income up to $150,000).
- Individual Head of Household: $1,200 (Income up to $112,500).
- An additional $500 per child.
Payments will scale down and phase out entirely at $99,000 ($198,000 for married) about 5 percent per $1,000 over till 0.
First half of payment is potentially slated to go out in the mail April 6, and second half May 18.
Taxpayers that authorized payment of previous tax refunds via ACH (on or after Jan 1st 2018 or in the event the individual did not file in that year 2019 would be used) will have payments delivered to the bank account on file (SEC. 6428. 2020 3-(B)).
Unemployment benefits increase by $600
Unemployment benefits are based on state rules and how much money you earned while working, with a weekly cap on how much unemployment you can get for a state defined number of weeks. The stimulus bill adds an additional 13 weeks to what the maximums are for each state and $600 on top of the qualified benefit.
Below are the current maximums per state per week:
- Idaho: $405, 26 weeks
- Washington $790, 26 weeks
- California $450, 26 weeks
- Hawaii $630, 26 weeks
- Oregon $590, 26 weeks
- Nevada $427, 26 weeks
- Missouri $320, 20 weeks
- Texas $521, 26 weeks
- Oklahoma $505, 26 weeks
- Florida $275, 12 weeks
- Michigan $362 (w/dependents), 20 weeks
Employees can qualify for unemployment benefits if they are laid off or fired (without misconduct).
- Partial benefits may be available if hours are greatly reduced or employees are furloughed due to quarantine.
- Employees who volunteer for unpaid leave may not qualify.
- You are not likely to get coverage for “quitting.”
- Coverage is for four months and potentially should cover a bulk of people’s incomes.
Set up online ordering
To help you get set up for online ordering as fast as possible, we’re recommending Gloria Food — restaurant ordering software that lets you take unlimited orders with zero fees.
Here’s what we like about it:
- Gloria is easy to set up.
- It’s affordable.
- You can link Gloria to your existing Facebook account.
- We can help you with set-up.
- $29/month to take online payments.
- We will set up a free* Payeezy gateway for you. (Set-up takes 24-48 hours, during which time you can still work on getting the website set up and take in store pickups.)
- Optional: $9/month for a new web domain. (There’s no charge for adding the service to an existing website.)
- Facebook ordering is free, unless you want to take online payments.
To get set up with Gloria, you’ll need the following:
- Phone or tablet to receive orders. (We can push the app to you.)
- Your website address, if applicable. We can also work off your company’s Facebook page.
- About an hour of your time.
When you’re ready to start, send us an email at [email protected].
We’ll walk you through the process and help with menu builds as necessary.
*Gravity Payments is temporarily waiving the costs for the Payeezy gateway and we will not be setting up a different merchant account at this time. Free set-up is subject to change.
More restaurant resources
- Small-Business Finance: One Company’s Template
- National Restaurant Association COVID-19 page
- Eater: A List of Relief Funds for Coronavirus-Affected Restaurants, Bars, and Food Service Workers
- CNBC: Grubhub is suspending commission fees for independent restaurants
State, city resources
A number of firms are lowering costs and/or waiving hosting fees. Be sure to ask.
Online-ordering and delivery services
- Gloria Food
- Clover online-ordering apps:
- Joe Coffee
- Uber Eats
Point-of-sale and integration services
Gravity Payments services
Gift and loyalty cards. Allow customers to give you a vote of confidence now for when business gets back to normal.
E-commerce. We’ll help you provide a safe, easy online shopping experience for your customers.
Gravity Support page. No robots. No phone trees. Just help from real people.